Of Indonesians and Teh Tarik

I have been away training a group of Technologist from Indonesia the whole of last week. I had a good time training them even though it was really tiring since I could only afford about 30 minutes of sleep to prepare for the 5 days session. They were demanding and surely had a lot to ask and it was quite a tedious work trying ti impress and fulfill their expectations. Alhamdulillah the training went off well and I received very positive feedback from them during the closing session yesterday. Among others they were talking about sending more participants to be trained and the possibility of a JV in their development work. InsyaAllah.

Of the 5 days I couldn't help but smile at the fact that they loved Teh Tarik so much. I have been to Indonesia several times and yes, they do not serve tea with milk, what more Teh Tarik! What they are familiar with are the famous teh botol or teh kotak. We had a free flow teh tarik during the training (not a real mamak style teh tarik though but the Aik Cheong 3-in-1 packets) and since they loved it so much they were asking me where we'd bought the 3-in-1 drink - so I promised to get them a packet each to take home to Indonesia. I even told them to try the real deal at one of the mamak restaurant nearby the office and they loved it!

Photo (c) iEatiShootiPost

It's actually wonderful to know that a simple local drink like Teh Tarik could attract followers from afar. I wonder if the next time I am in Indonesia I would somehow find a restaurant selling Teh Tarik eh? Heheheh

I'm reading: Of Indonesians and Teh TarikTweet this!

5 comments:

Kembara Musafir said...

patut kasi depa try Teh Tarik Tongkat Ali tuh... it is also femes among the Indonesians when they come over to KL... had some clients who will not miss asking for Teh Tarik Tongkat Ali tiap kali dia ke KL... such a reputation Tgkt Ali nih....

Syahr-El said...

eh, bukan u tengah buat umrah ke skang ni?

As a matter of fact, they did buy a 3-in-1 tongkat ali drink (not sure whether it was tea or coffee though - seems kopi masa training tu tak laku sangat - perhaps sebab kopi bali tastes so much better - but we served kopi Hang Tuag which wasn't bad at all... hmmm jom buat busines kedai mamamk nak kat indonesia sana? stall pun jadik la.

Kembara Musafir said...

going this Wed ler... tengah siap2 ler nih... actually, I have noticed that there are quite a few Malaysian restaurants opening up in Jakarta... biz must be good.... secret recipe pun dah ada kat sana.... kena bukak kedai konsep baru ler... sure maju kaw kaw punyer...

Shah said...

Aku ni tak de la minat sangat teh tarik nih - tapi masa zaman student kat obersi dulu - tengah2 winter tetiba ada member buatkan teh tarik panas - wow... itulah minuman yang paling nikmat kat muka bumi ni :-)

Syahr-El said...

Ahahah I can imagine la Dr Shah sejuk2 minum teh tarik. I am not really a fan myself but have managed to introduced the drink to some Indonesians and feeling proud about it.

Kembara, selamat pergi dan kembali. Moga dicucuri rahmat dan diberkati di sana dan sekembalinya ke sini. Do share your experience ok.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Designed by Posicionamiento Web | Bloggerized by GosuBlogger | Blue Business Blogger